|Indian Air Force Super Connies ranged far from home as seen in this snowy December 1969 photo (Ron Mak)||Unmarked aircraft, possibly BG583, stored at Agra AFB, India in 2001 (Simon Watson)|
- Final registration - BG583
- Delivered to Air-India International July 1958 as L1049G VT-DJW "Rani of Bijapura"
- Converted to freighter by Lockheed Air Service May to July 1960
- To Indian Air Force April 2, 1962 as BG583
- Retired November 11, 1983 with 4.5 hours of airframe time remaining.
- Stored at Lohegaon AFB, Pune, India
- Could this aircraft possibly be the ex-IAF L1049G reported stored at Agra AFB in April 1995 and photographed by Simon Watson in 2001? The question then is how and when did it move from Pune to Agra?
- Reportedly earmarked for preservation at the Indian Air Force Museum at Palam, India