|Columbine III performed worldwide VIP missions. Seen on one such mission at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia in December 1959 (Ted Quackenbush)||"Columbine III" in generic markings at the USAF Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in September 1970 (Jack Morris via Stephen Miller)||Beautifully restored as Columbine III at the USAF Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in December 2003 (Ferdinand Peters)|
- Current markings - 53-7885
- Originally to be delivered to US Navy as R7V-1 BuN 131650
- Modified on Lockheed assembly line to VC-121E for use as presidential aircraft
- Delivered to USAF September 1954 as VC-121E 53-7885 "Columbine III"
- Based at Washington National Airport (1254 ATW) and later at Andrews AFB (89 MAW)
- Replaced by VC-137A as presidential aircraft January 1961
- Flew VIP missions until retired April 1966
- Transferred to USAF Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, OH April 20, 1966
- On display at the National Museum of the USAF as "Columbine III"
- Moved from Presidential Hangar to museum's new Fourth Building on Saturday April 23, 2016